University College Dublin (UCD)Call now
Highlights of Studying in University College Dublin (UCD)
Ireland's largest university with over 1,482 faculty and 32,000 students,
19 Scholarships available for International students.
CGPA as low as 6.0 accepted for post graduate programmes.
Simple and hassle-free application process.
Choose from a massive 170 Postgraduate courses at UCD.
UCD is frequently ranked among the top universities in Europe.
5 Nobel Laureates are among UCD's alumni and current and former staff.
University College Dublin
The largest university in Ireland, University College Dublin is a research university in Dublin which houses 32,000 students and about 1,500 faculty members. The university had been rooted in Roman Catholicism and buds from an organisation that was founded in 1854. The institute opened as the Catholic University of Ireland on the day of the Feast of Saint Malachy. John Henry Newman became the first rector of the university. When UCD was created, it budded from an idea, 'The Idea of a University' - a classic work highlighting the values of higher education. The university uses the potential of a person to face global challenges and 'benefit the wider world'.
University College Dublin has made unique and great contributions to the creation of modern Ireland. It has helped improve the Irish society across every sphere of activity. The standards of the university have improved vastly in recent years and it is ranked within the top 1% of all institutions for higher education. The students are from 139 countries all over the world. As many as 5,000 students are from outside the country. The college campus is built over an extensive estate covering more than 133 hectares and offers the best facilities in the world. The potency and variety of disciplines help UCD to add to the prosperous culture of Ireland via the study of economy, society, business, culture, and languages.
Get all your doubts
clarified now for FREE
Thank you for choosing us
Our experts will get back to you at the earliest
Why study at University College Dublin?
A dynamic economy is fuelled by research and innovation, which is practiced at UCD. It helps in the formation of a vibrant culture and informed society. Research groups, individual scholars, startups and even large-scale collaborations are working together with UCD. Research is conducted at an extensive range of disciplines at the university. The annual number of papers from UCD researchers has increased by about 50% over the last decade. Faculties and students have co-authored over 15,000 papers with researchers from approximately 130 countries. With such grandeur, UCD is leading as the college which gets the first preference from applications every year. The retention rate in the first year is about 98% and more than half of the undergraduates at the college complete their postgraduates here.
- University College Dublin has been ranked as number one for the last years when it comes to Graduate Employability. The university has been acclaimed throughout the world for excellence in learning and teaching.
- 12 of the disciplines taught here rank in the top 100 of the world.
- Not just a high quality of teaching, the university offers a great standard of support. A peer mentor is assigned to every first-year student and there are student advisers for every program.
- The university leads in graduate education with more than 9,000 students. A quarter of these are graduate research students.
- The modularized education has encouraged at least half of the students to take up modules outside their disciplines.
Only this university provides the EU Supplement Label to the students for international acknowledgment of their education.
University College Dublin Ranking
For more than 160 years, UCD has fulfilled the dream of the founding rector John Henry Newman who was behind 'The Idea of a University'. The university would 'benefit the wider world' and help in achieving the 'true enlargement of mind'. The college has established itself as one of the most research-intensive universities in Europe. The following are some of the figures that can help to understand the position of the university in a global perspective.
- UCD world ranking is within the top 1% of all institutions in the world offering higher education.
- Veterinary Science at UCD is ranked at 24th according to the UCD QS Ranking by Subject, while Nursing is at 31st.
- 12 of the subjects taught at UCD are within the top 100 and 30 of them within the top 200.
- UCD ranking within the top 201-250th of all universities.
- It ranks at 58th in terms of University Impact Ranking.
- In terms of good health and well-being of people, it ranks between 100-200th.
Postgraduate at University College Dublin
A master’s program in UCD would help the graduate students to develop the abilities, attributes and qualities that are required by employers. The students here are prepared for their personal, academic and professional future. The graduate students are helped in making proper decisions about the utilisation of their time at UCD and how the course can help you in life. The university helps students in successfully marketing their qualifications, experience and skills to prospective employers. Students get to identify their strengths through UCD masters courses and make their personality preferences, understand work values and chalk out their interests. The students discover the different industries, organisations and sectors and build skills that employers are looking for.
That is why a master’s degree in University College Dublin can maximize the effectiveness of a job search. The students can even take part in the recruitment events on campus. The university even helps the students to get their CV in shape and make high-quality applications. The students can even take advantage of the UCD postgraduate courses to perfect their interview techniques. The students here make a contribution to society and enhance their employability through volunteering. A range of bespoke interactive workshops is offered in the UCD graduate programs. They are quite relevant for the PhD students but can be undertaken by all the graduate students. The workshops take place in the second semester.
List of postgraduate courses in University College Dublin
The UCD is the largest Irish university that has a huge global impact. The students benefit from educational facilities that are delivered by experts who are leading their fields universally. The curriculum is constantly updated by the latest research. The university offers graduate programs in the following fields.
The list of courses in University College Dublin is as follows:
- Master of Accounting
- MSc in Strategic Management Accounting
- MSc in Supply Chain & Account Management
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Landscape Architecture
- ME in Biomedical Engineering
- MSc in Biotechnology
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MSc in Business Analytics
- MEngSc in Chemical Engineering
- MSc in Computer Science
- MSc in Computer Science (Conversion)
- MSc in Social Data Analytics
- MSc in Data & Computational Science
- MSc in Digital Marketing
- ME in Electronic and Computer
- ME in Optical Engineering
- MEngSc in Electronic & Computer Engineering
- MSc in Space Science & Technology
- ME in Electrical Energy Engineering
- ME in Energy Systems
- MSc in Sustainable Energy & Green Technologies
- ME in Engineering with Business
- MEngSc in Engineering Management
- MEngSc in Water, Waste & Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Environmental Technology
- MSc in Aviation Finance
- MSc in Finance
- MSc in Quantitative Finance
- ME in Biosystems & Food Engineering
- MEngSc in Food Engineering
- MSc in Food Business Strategy
- MSc in Applied Geospatial Analysis
- MSc in Human Resources
- MSc in Digital Innovation
- MSc in Actuarial Science
- MSc in International Business
- LLM in Criminology & Criminal Justice
- LLM in Intellectual Property & Information Technology
- LLM in International Commercial Law
- LLM in International Financial Services Law
- LLM in International Human Rights
- Master of Common Law
- MSc in Criminology & Criminal Justice
- MSc in International Law & Business
- MSc in International Management
- MSc in Management
- MSc in Management Consultancy
- MSc in Information Systems
- MSc in Marketing
- MSc in Marketing Practice
- ME in Materials Science & Engineering
- MEngSc in Materials Science and Engineering
- MSc in Nanotechnology
- ME in Mechanical Engineering
- MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business
- MSc in Regulatory Affairs and Toxicology
- MEngSc in Biopharmaceutical Engineering
- MSc in Biotherapeutics
- MSc in Project Management
- MA in Educational Psychology
- MPsychSc in Psychological Science
- MSc in Experimental Physiology
- MSc in Strategic Management & Planning
- MEngSc in Structural Engineering
- ME in Civil, Structural & Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Supply Chain Management
- MSc in Communication & Media
- MA in Archives & Records Management
- MA in Consciousness & Embodiment
- MA in Creative Writing
- MA in Cultural Policy & Arts Management
- MA in Drama & Performance Studies
- MA in Education
- MA in Film Studies
- MA in Gender Studies
- MA in Gender, Sexuality & Culture
- MA in Geography
- MA in Geopolitics & the Global Economy
- MA in Global History
- MA in History of Welfare & Medicine in Society
- MA in Information Studies
- MA in International Development
- MA in International Political Economy
- MA in International Relations
- MA in International War Studies
- MA in Linguistics
- MA in Literature & Culture
- MA in Mathematics
- MA in Media & International Conflict
- MA in Medieval Studies
- MA in Middle East Politics
- MA in Modern Languages
- MA in Peace and Conflict
- MA in Philosophy
- MA in Philosophy & Literature
- MA in Philosophy & Public Affairs
- MA in Political Theory
- MA in Politics
- MA in Public History
- MA in Race, Migration & Decolonial Studies
- MA in Sociology
- MA in Statistics
- MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- MA in Theatre Practice
- MA in Writing for Stage and Screen
- MA in Writing for Theatre
- MAgrSc in Agricultural Extension and Innovation
- Master of Library & Information Studies
- MFA in Creative Writing
- MMus in Musicology
- MPA in Development Practice
- MPH in International Health
- MPH in Public Health
- MPP in Public Policy
- MSc in Applied Economics
- MSc in Applied Mathematics & Theoretical Physics
- MSc in Behavioural Economics
- MSc in Biological and Biomolecular Science
- MSc in Chemistry
- MSc in Children & Youth Studies
- MSc in Climate Change: Science & Impacts
- MSc in Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics
- MSc in Coaching Science in Sport
- MSc in Cognitive Science
- MSc in Comparative Social Change
- MSc in Computational Physics
- MSc in Computed Tomography
- MSc in Critical Care Nursing
- MSc in Demographic and Population Analytics
- MSc in Development and the Global South
- MSc in Digital Information Management
- MSc in Environmental Policy
- MSc in Environmental Resource Management
- MSc in Environmental Science
- MSc in Environmental Sustainability
- MSc in Global Change: Ecosystem Science & Policy
- MSc in Human Rights
- MSc in Humanitarian Action
- MSc in International Development
- MSc in International Political Economy
- MSc in International Relations
- MSc in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- MSc in Mathematical Science
- MSc in Mathematics & Science Education
- MSc in NanoBio Science
- MSc in Nanomaterials Chemistry
- MSc in Occupational Safety & Health
- MSc in Peace and Conflict
- MSc in Petroleum Geoscience
- MSc in Physics
- MSc in Plant Biology & Biotechnology
- MSc in Politics
- MSc in Quantitative Economics
- MSc in Quantitative Finance
- MSc in Rural Environmental Conservation & Management
- MSc in Sociology
- MSc in Sports Management
- MSc in Statistics
- MSc in Sustainable Agriculture & Rural Development
- MSc in Sustainable Energy & Green Technologies
- MSc in Synthetic Chemistry
- MSc in Ultrasound
- MSc in Urban Environment
- MSc in Wildlife Conservation & Management
- MSc in World Heritage Management & Conservation
- Professional Masters in Social Work
- ProfMasters in Education
- ProfMasters in Physiotherapy
Postgraduate tuition fee in University College Dublin for international students
Masters degree course fee in UCD is determined by the discipline that has been chosen for studies. The courses cost anywhere from 15,000 to 25,000 Euros. The master’s programs tuition fee in UCD includes all the course work and tuition fees. The postgraduate tuition fee in UCD depends much on the facilities and training offered by the faculty. The graduate programs tuition fee in University College Dublin for the subjects varies every year and the correct information should be collected only from the official website. The students that start a multi-year program would remain at the same fee rate as the year they started their program.
The average tuition fee in University College Dublin is:
- Tuition Fee for University College Dublin: €19,200
Postgraduate entry requirement for international students in University College Dublin
The entry requirement for programmes in University College Dublin may differ from program to program. Students who score 70% or more in their bachelor’s degree either in engineering, science, arts or commerce are more likely to get admission in University College Dublin. Another important criterion is the number of arrears or backlogs that you may have. Usually UCD give admit to students with less than 5 arrears. Students with relevant work experience may have an added advantage.
- In certain cases, a conditional offer can be made by international students while they are waiting on the results of the English Language tests.
- A copy of the test results might need to be submitted to confirm that you meet the minimum competency in the language.
The minimum requirements for admission to UCD in terms of proficiency over the English Language are approved by the University Programs Board. They apply to all applicants and all levels of study. Postgraduate TOEFL requirement in UCD is another option open to international students to get admitted in the college with a minimum score of 90. UCD postgraduate application deadline is announced on the official website.
IELTS Requirement for University College Dublin
The Irish universities teach through the medium of English. So, all applicants should have a very good level of competence in English. Postgraduate IELTS requirement in UCD is a must with an average score of 6.5 with no section below 6.0.
IELTS Requirement for University College Dublin is as follows:
- IELTS Requirement for University College Dublin: 6.5 with no section below 6.0
TOEFL Requirement for University College Dublin
Students, for whom English is not the native language, need to prove their English proficiency through a score of 90 with 20 in all sections as the minimum TOEFL scores for University College Dublin. Your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills are tested in this test.
TOEFL Requirement for University College Dublin is as follows:
- TOEFL Requirement for University College Dublin: 90 (20 in all sections)
PTE Requirement for University College Dublin
Postgraduate PTE requirement in UCD is 63, with at least 59 in every section. Interested candidates must ensure that they fulfill the minimum undergraduate English requirement in UCD for admission.
PTE Requirement for University College Dublin is as follows:
- PTE Requirement for University College Dublin: 63 with no section below 59
Undergraduate at University College Dublin
Bachelor’s degree in UCD is offered through 41 different entry routes. Applying to the bachelor's programs in University College Dublin is possible through different channels like mature applicants, non-EU applicants, EU applicants and A-level or GSCE applicants. The applicants joining the university are taken on campus tours. However, one would need to sign up for the tours. Multiple such tours take place throughout the day. Open evenings and career fairs characterise the colourful life at UCD undergraduate programs. This ensures that the students get a good induction in their undergraduate life and familiarize themselves with the culture at the university.
The UCD undergraduate courses carry out UCD School Group Tours. It provides the Guidance Counselors with the prospect of bringing the students of 5th and 6th year to the Belfield Campus to see the facilities and courses offered. Welcome presentations are offered to the new students and the students get a comprehensive overview of the courses that are being offered at the university. They are informed on what to expect during their time studying at the college. After the welcome presentations, students are taken on the campus tours by the UCD Campus Ambassadors. These last about 45-50 minutes. The UCD Students Ambassadors are those who are chosen for the program depending on their academic excellence and participation in all aspects of student life.
Undergraduate courses in University College Dublin
The university offers 41 different entry routes that can be studied here. These courses are offered in various disciplines like arts & humanities, agriculture, food & nutrition, law, engineering, business, agriculture, planning & environmental policy, medicine, sports & performance, veterinary medicine, social sciences, physiotherapy, radiography, nursing & midwifery, veterinary medicine and science. The undergraduate courses offered in the university are held in high regard throughout the country and the globe.
Undergraduate tuition fees in UCD for international students
The bachelors degree course fee in University College Dublin varies according to the courses opted for. The bachelor’s programs tuition fee in UCD ranges from EUR 13,000 to EUR 20,000. When a student applies for a multi-year program on a non-EU fee rate, the fees would remain the same as the year the program was started in. This applies if you stay in the same program for the entire time. Undergraduate tuition fee in University College Dublin is in the associated pages of Administrative services or the UCD Registry. Any fees posted on other sites are meant for guidance. The fees include the Student Centre Levy that should be paid by all the students.
Undergraduate entry requirement for international students
Undergraduate IELTS requirement in UCD with a minimum of 6.5 score is a must for all students. Also, in order to be eligible for a course, the students should maintain the criteria required by the disciplines in certain subjects. Undergraduate TOEFL requirement in University College Dublin is 90. PTE requirement in UCD is 63+ with a minimum of 59 in each section. Interested candidates must take care of the undergraduate English requirement in UCD for successful admission.
- The certificate cannot be older than 2 years or more than 2 years preceding the commencement of the degree course. Other evidence of proficiency in English might be accepted as well.
- The Admissions Office needs to be informed of the name, level and date of the qualification and the country where it was taken. Also, the scores that were obtained in the examination needs to be submitted.
A lot of different acceptable standards are provided on the official website of UCD. Undergraduate English requirement in University College Dublin is one of the most important criteria to get admitted into colleges. The acceptable TOEFL and IELTS scores are also available on the website. UCD undergraduate application deadline can be found on the official website.
Research at University College Dublin
Getting a PhD in University College Dublin is one of the most valued qualifications in the country. The college has been fully committed to the key role it plays in the innovation ecosystem by enabling growth and contributing to the social, economic and cultural development. Research takes place in a lot of innovative fields like culture, society and economy, health, energy, environment, ICT, agri-food and others. The university is driving discovery and innovation within the community of world-class researchers. The university nurtures and supports the high-tech and knowledge-intensive start-ups. The university offers the environment that enables companies to develop and scale themselves. The companies have helped raise more than 760 million Euros in equity funding. The start-ups are spread over different fields like medical technologies, IoT, AI, quantum computing, energy and environment, network security and others.
UCD Scholarships for international students
Quite a few global excellence scholarships are available for the international students studying at UCD. UCD scholarships for international students are available for undergraduate, graduate as well as research scholars. The Call for Applications for the Global Excellence Scholarships is open. They can offer as much as 100% or 50% scholarships or merit prizes.. The terms and conditions of the scholarships would differ based on that very scholarship. Some minimum GPA for continuing the scholarships are required as well. Full-time enrolment is also a criterion for availing UCD international scholarships.
List of scholarships in UCD for international students
Scholarships are available at UCD for the graduate and undergraduate courses. Research funding is also provided at the colleges. The college has the right to support candidates on the Government of Ireland Scholarship. The international students can also apply for the Global Excellence Scholarships. Postgraduate Academic Scholarships, UCD Sports Scholarships, Research Program Scholarships and a list of other scholarships are applicable from the university. There are 19 Scholarships in UCD for international students.
The list of scholarships at University College Dublin is as follows:
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver - The Achiever MBA Scholarship
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver - GMAT MBA Scholarships
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver - MBA International Scholarship
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver - Michael Smurfit MBA Scholarship
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver - MSc in Business Analytics Derek O’Connor Scholarship sponsored by Next Generation Recruitment
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver - V.V. Giri Global Excellence Scholarship
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver - Global Graduate Scholarship
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver - Global Excellence Graduate Scholarship
- 50% Tuition Fee Waiver - Global Excellence Graduate Scholarship
- 50% Tuition Fee Waiver - MSc Merit Based Scholarships for International Students
- 50% Tuition Fee Waiver - MSc Merit Based Scholarship for International Students
- 50% Tuition Fee Waiver - Indian Academic Excellence Scholarship for Smurfit
- 50% Tuition Fee Waiver - International Irish Residents Merit Based MBA Scholarships
- 50% Tuition Fee Waiver - MBA Entrepreneurial Scholarship
- €6,000 - The Walsh Scholarship in Law
- €5,000 - James Healy Masters Scholarship in Law
- €4,000 - The School of Law bursary
- €3,000 - Universitas 21 Alumni Scholarship
- €3,000 - UCD Student LL.M Scholarship