Ireland student Visa
You require a student visa if you wish to study in Ireland. You must file a student visa application if you plan to enter Ireland to attend a university or institute of technology, college or other academic institution. A visa is a certificate which will be placed in your passport to indicate that you are authorized to land in the state. All International students should apply for a student visa to study in Ireland if the course lasts more than 3 months. International students should ensure that they have fulfilled the criteria of the policy before they make the visa application. Students may apply for a study visa up to 3 months before the date of travel to Ireland to study.
Applying for a study/student visa is simple but is one of the lengthiest processes towards studying in Ireland. It is important to start the process as soon as you receive the unconditional acceptance from the institution of your choice. You will have to schedule an appointment with a local VFS or consulate to submit the required documents to be granted a student visa to study in Ireland.
You will need to qualify and prove the below conditions as part of the student visa process:
Student visa process:
- Purpose of visit to Ireland and Intentions to return home: The intention to issue a student visa is that you will further educate yourself and then bring your newfound knowledge back to your country. If the visa officer finds that your intentions are to find a job or to become permanent residents of Ireland, your visa will more than likely be denied.
- Admission to an Approved School: It is necessary to prove that you are accepted by an Irish institution for higher studies. You can produce the letter of acceptance from the concerned Irish university confirming that you have been accepted for a full-time course.
- Sufficient Financial Support: Even though part time jobs and employment opportunities are available, student visa applicants must show evidence that you have immediate and ready access to at least €10,000 in addition to the course fees to be paid.
- Ties to your home Country: Another important part of the visa process is proving strong ties to your home country, including family, job offers, bank accounts or other assets.
How to apply Student Visa?
The application process for a student visa is done online. The details that you have filled online, should be printed and attached along with the required documents at the time of submission to the Irish embassy or the local VFS. The Irish Visa Office at the Embassy of Ireland, New Delhi processes visa applications from any person resident in India. The entire process may take four to six weeks. So, make sure you apply as soon as you get the admission to avoid unnecessary last-minute rush.
- The AVATS Online Application has various steps where you will fill in details of your study, the course you will be taking up in Ireland. For any assistance with regard to visa application to Ireland, you can contact our GoIreland Visa team. Once the online application process is completed, the applicant must follow the instructions on the summary application form that is created by the online system.
- The summary application sheet generated by the online application system will direct you to the VFS website where you can pay your visa fee. You will be charged INR 4,100 for single entry visa.
If you submit any false or misleading information, it may result in the rejection of the application without the right to appeal. In certain cases, the applicant will be prevented from making further Irish visa applications for the next 5 years.
Documents Required for Student Visa
Below is the checklist which can help you list all the documents required for Ireland Student Visa. Make sure you have all the required documents for visa application before you submit them. Follow the checklist to ensure that you have all the necessary paperwork for Student Visa Application to Ireland
- Cover letter stating purpose of travel - you will have to write a brief note about yourself and the reason for you to go to Ireland. This will be an introductory document that holds the key for your visa approval.
- Passport – Current and all previous passports (cancelled) are required to be submitted
- Complete the AVATS Online Application, ensure you complete the online application form in full and generate the summary sheet.
- Appointment confirmation booked through VFS.
- Online fee payment receipt for VFS appointment.
- Completed Student Visa Application form.
- Completed Supplementary Student Application form (Student Questionnaire).
- Letter of acceptance from a recognized school/college/university in Ireland confirming that you have been accepted on a course of study. This course of study must be full-time (lasting an academic year) and have a minimum of 15 hours per week study time.
- Evidence of your academic ability to pursue the chosen course through the English language test score IELTS or TOEFL or PTE.
- Statement of Purpose – Kindly ensure you answer the following question as part of your SOP – why the program, why this institution, why Ireland, how would this program help to build your career in Ireland or when you return to India, what is the employability and ROI in India, justifications for field change (if any).
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae.
- 10th standard mark sheet.
- 12th standard mark sheet.
Diploma/bachelor's/master's degree documents
- Individual semester mark sheets
- Consolidated mark sheet
- Provisional certificate
- Degree Certificate
(Note: if last semester mark sheet, provisional certificate, consolidated mark sheet, degree certificate is not issued, then write a letter addressing the visa officer on the same)
- An explanation of any gaps in your educational history.
- Provide evidence of work experiences.
- Evidence that the fees for the course has been paid in full or the minimum required fee is paid.
- Evidence that you have enough funds (€10,000) to maintain yourself for the initial part of your stay.
- Evidence that you have private medical insurance.
- Confirmation that you intend to return to your country of permanent residence when you leave Ireland.
- Student Health Insurance - All Indian students are required to have private medical insurance when coming to and residing in Ireland for the purpose of study. The private medical insurance should provide cover for accident and/or disease and should cover the student for any period of hospitalization.
- Police Clearance Certificate - A Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) must be submitted with all visa applications for student visa. The PCC must be dated no older than 6 months from the date of the submission of your visa application.
- Passport Size Photo not more than 6 months old - A visa application must include 2 passport sized photos of the applicant. Name & IRL Number on the backside. You can choose to take the photos inside the embassy/VFS for a charge of Rs.154/- (6-8 Copies).
Evidence of sufficient finances to support your tuition and living cost while studying in Ireland
- Education loan sanction letter – full sanctions are required; principal sanctions are not accepted.
- Education loan disbursement letter.
- Latest bank account statement for all accounts from 1st November (previous year) to till date.
- For all the bank account statement submitted, get balance confirmation certificate in euro.
- For all other type of savings with bank like fixed deposits and recurring deposits get balance confirmation certificate in euro with date of original deposit and maturity mentioned. Fixed deposit original receipt is not mandatory but good to submit.
- Life insurance surrender value for all insurances held by sponsor & student - premium receipt, surrender value certificate & policy document to be submitted.
- Latest statement of Employees' Provident Fund (EPF), Public Provident Fund (PPF) or Central Provident Fund (CPF)
- Income tax returns (ITR) or Form 16 from all sponsors for last 3 years
- If sponsor is employed, then last 3 months' salary slip
- Affidavit of Support from all sponsor along with government issued identity card
- Financial cover letter
- Chartered Accountant certificate
- Cover letters for recent large transactions and financial source justification.
- Miscellaneous letters wherever required – differ from profile to profile.
Things to keep in mind for Ireland Student Visa Application
- A student application cannot be submitted more than 4 months prior to the course start date. If an application is received it will be returned unprocessed.
- Ensure you provide originals and copies of all documentation.
- Apply at least 6 weeks before your course date start – note the 3 week rule.
- The submission of false and/or misleading information/documentation may result in the refusal of the application without the right to appeal. This may also result in you being prevented from making further applications for a period of five years.
- In order to ensure that all student visa applicants receive fair and equal treatment, student visa applications are dealt with in the order that they are received. This is strictly adhered to and no exceptions will be made.
- Original documents are required and must be in English or accompanied by a notarized translation.
Ireland study visa cost Student visa for ireland from india Ireland student visa ielts requirements Ireland student visa without ielts Ireland student visa checklist Ireland student visa from pakistan Ireland student visa application form Ireland student visa requirements for indian citizens Ireland Visa Consultants In Chennai Student Visa Consultants In Chennai Stamp 0 Ireland Stamp 1 Ireland Stamp 1a Ireland Stamp 1g Ireland Stamp 2 (2A) Ireland Stamp 3 Ireland Stamp 4 Ireland Stamp 5 Ireland Stamp 6 Ireland Vfs Chennai Ireland Visa Ireland Study Visa From India Ireland Vfs Ireland Study Visa For Indian Students Ireland Study Visa Requirements Ireland Visa Status India