Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT )Call now
Highlights of Studying in Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT )
Permanent Residence (PR) in just 2 years
9L minimum tuition fee.
Free Counselling by our expert counsellors.
CGPA as low as 6.0 accepted for post graduate programmes.
Simple and hassle-free application process.
10 Postgraduate courses available.
IELTS scores of just 6.0 is accepted at LIT.
Traces its roots back to 1852.
FREE 1 – 1 Unbiased Counselling by IEAC Certified Consultants
Limerick Institute of Technology
Limerick Institute of Technology is a part of the 14 member institutions under the parent organization, Technological Higher Education Association (THEA). At the core of LIT is Active Learning Philosophy. This means that they inculcate the values in the students via active and practical learning. Plus, the students are acquainted with case studies, field work, lab work, field visits plus group assignments. All of these aspects will lead to the overall development of the students in the institute.
The inception of LIT goes back to the year 1852 with the establishment of Limerick School of Ornamental Arts. Its seed was germinated by a society named Athenaeum Society with the aim to develop a School of Arts and Fine Arts. With the coming of Regional Technical Colleges in different cities, Limerick came to the list in 1974. At first, it was called as College of Arts, Commerce, and Technology. Then CoACT was awarded the designation of Institute of Technology. Before obtaining its current form, Limerick Institute of Technology was awarded Delegated Authority and merged with the Tipperary Institute in 2011. When we combine this rich history of the transition of this institution. LIT has come a long way from being just a School of Arts. Only to become one of the most prestigious learning centers of technological and other fields.
Get all your doubts
clarified now for FREE
Thank you for choosing us
Our experts will get back to you at the earliest
Why should you Study at Limerick Institute of Technology
Technology is the Cornerstone of our development. The 21st Century and the coming era will be defined by the knowledge base that we inculcate today in our students. From a minor task as bending an iron rod to talking to the stars, each and everything uses technology is some or the other way. Plus, all the other fields have a direct or indirect relationship with it. In this scenario, institutions like the Limerick Institute of Technology are underpinning a culture of technical proficiency in the students. Plus, the total strength of LIT is 20,000 including all the 5 campuses associated with it. And the city of Limerick has a lot to offer over and above the educational prowess of the institute.
- The rate of employment or higher studies among the graduates of LIT is 90%.
- All the classes have a strength of 30 students and no more. This allows the tutors to cater to every student with utmost attention and focus
- Talking about the city, Limerick is cost effective when compared to other cities in the region. The total living costs are 42% less when compared to others.
- Through all these years of transition and development, they have come to bear a tight-knit community to teachers and students. This culture breeds more teacher-student healthy interaction.
- The level of courses ranges from Certificate course (Level 6) to the Ph.D. (Level 10).
This institute is one of the fastest growing temples of education in Ireland. The educational integrity is maintained and the students also get to enjoy the vibrant city. Accommodation is affordable and the teacher-student ratio is appropriate. This has helped the Limerick Institute of Technology bag several awards and accolades. Some of them are:
- Twice it has been named as The Sunday Times Institute of Technology of the year. It was in 2008 and then again in 2013.
- Webometrics has ranked the Limerick Institute of Technology 18th in Ireland and 4477 in the world.
- Uni Rank has also ranked it on 13 in the nation along with 3673 in the world.
- In terms of Student Satisfaction LIT has got a 4.1 rating out of 5.
Post-Graduate at Limerick Institute of Technology
Being an institute of technology the Master’s programs in Limerick Institute of Technology are not limited to the tech-related subjects. Rather it focuses on the circulation of diverse fields of study through their institute. These LIT master’s courses are specifically designed to help the student carry forward their Undergraduation knowledge base. Therefore, allowing them to become masters of their own subject. Achieving this stage of proficiency is not easy without the assistance of proactive learning. The smart curriculum at LIT will let you comprehend the ever-changing world structure and allow you to fathom the dynamic global market environment.
The aim of the Master’s degree in Limerick Institute of Technology is to develop a leader out of every student. A leader who has the ability to change the world with their thought process. The PG courses offer impeccable research skills to the students. These research skills will help students generate the skills that make them future ready and competent.
List of Post Graduate Courses in Limerick Institute of Technology
- List of Courses in Limerick Institute of Technology
- MSc in Quantity Surveying - Sustainable Civil Engineering
- MSc in Quantity Surveying - Sustainable Public Building
- MA in Interdisciplinary Design Practice
- Master of Business in Marketing & Management Strategy
- MSc in Quantity Surveying
- MSc in Quantity Surveying - Sustainable Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
- MA in Art & Design Education
- MA in Social Practice & the Creative Environment
- MSc in Strength and Conditioning
- Professional Master of Education in Art and Design with Digital Media
Postgraduate Tuition Fee in LIT for International Students:
The cost of studying at LIT differs from course to course. Every Master’s degree course fee in Limerick Institute of Technology depends on the level of practical and classroom participation. The fee for international students starts from €10,750 to 18,500. All the Master’s programs tuition fee at LIT is €10,750 except for one course. The Postgraduate tuition fee at LIT for the research programs also lies in this range. But for the continuation of course from Level 9 to 10, the fee is €1,000 for the student. The average tuition fee in Limerick Institute of Technology is:
- Tuition Fee for Limerick Institute of Technology - €11,250
Postgraduate entry requirements for International Students in Limerick Institute of Technology:
The LIT has been a front runner in the distribution of quality education in the country. The courses offered are at Limerick Institute of Technology will only help you gain the contemporary skills and expertise required to become a proficient learner. These are the skills which every employer is looking for in the candidates. But to get into this amazing institute you need to fulfill some for masters in Limerick Institute of Technology basic entry requirements for Masters in Limerick Institute of Technology.
- For the Post Graduate English requirement in LIT, every international student has to be fluent in understanding and speaking the language. Plus, they need to have the pass the respective tests if they choose to give them. The other exams are GCSE English Language exam, GCE-O Level English Language, University of Cambridge.
The entry requirements for Limerick Institute of Technology is given below:
- Entry Requirement for Limerick Institute of Technology (Percentage or CGPA) - 60% or 6.0 CGPA
IELTS Requirement for Limerick Institute of Technology
The Post Graduate IELTS requirements in Limerick Institute of Technology is to score a minimum of 6.5 in the exam with no section below 5.5 IELTS will evaluate you on your reading, writing, listening and speaking abilities.
IELTS Requirement for Limerick Institute of Technology is as follows:
- IELTS Requirement for Limerick Institute of Technology - 6.5 with no section below 5.5
TOEFL Requirement for Limerick Institute of Technology
Further, when it comes to Post Graduate TOEFL requirements in LIT, the minimum score for the internet based test is 79. TOEFL will evaluate you on your reading, writing, listening and speaking abilities.
TOEFL Requirement for Limerick Institute of Technology is as follows:
- TOEFL Requirement for Limerick Institute of Technology - 79
PTE Requirement for Limerick Institute of Technology
PTE or Pearson’s Test of English is a computer-based English Language Test that examines the candidate’s abilities like reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. An overall score of 59 is the minimum PTE scores for LIT. PTE Requirement for Limerick Institute of Technology is as follows:
- PTE Requirement for Limerick Institute of Technology - 59
Undergraduate at Limerick Institute of Technology
This is where LIT starts to build a new life for the students. A bachelor’s degree in Limerick Institute of Technology is everything student desires. These courses will take the student through a fun frolicking and intellectual journey. In the end, the student will be ready to take over the world. Only with the knowledge skills and empowerment gained after the Bachelor’s program in Limerick Institute of Technology. The student is able to grasp and fathom the new skills required to be efficient in the post-21st Century world.
We are living in a time where change is a must. Before this time these changes were indeed necessary. And after the 21st Century, we will see a whole new world with its own challenges. The need of the hour is to train ourselves in a manner which allows us to develop at a fast pace and without losing the end motive. LIT undergraduate courses are curated to develop a sense of mindfulness in the students. The respective programs target a specific skill set with which the student can hone the surroundings and develop a deep knowledge of the subject. Hence, the Limerick Institute of Technology Undergraduate courses is future-oriented, student-centric and developmental in their approach. Let’s know a little more about how to gain admittance in LIT bachelor courses.
Undergraduate Tuition fee in Limerick Institute of Technology for International Students
The bachelor’s degree course fee in LIT is divided into two parts. One is the tuition which starts at €6,750 and the higher range is €7,250. Apart from this, there is the student contribution fee which is a part of the Undergraduate tuition fee in Limerick Institute of Technology. This fee has been kept at €3,000. Plus, the student contribution fee is the same for EU, National, and International Students.
This fee structure is for Level 6 to Level 8 study groups. And the total Undergraduate tuition in Limerick Institute of Technology then goes to €9,750 and 10,250.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements for International Students
There are three levels of study in Limerick Institute of Technology. These are Level 6, which is a higher certificate course of 2 years. Then there is Level 7, which is a bachelor’s degree in LIT and has a course span of 3 years. Lastly, there is the Level 8 study group. This level runs for 4 years and has an honors bachelor degree. The Undergraduate entry precedents set upon a structure with streamlines the application process. At LIT, every online submitted application is reviewed and replied to within 72 hours.
- The Undergraduate IELTS requirement in Limerick Institute of Technology involves each international student obtaining a score of 5.5 and above.
- Coming to Undergraduate TOEFL requirement in LIT. To gain entry into the institution, you need to get a minimum of 220 on the written. Plus, a score of 550 on the Internet test is also required.
- Apart from these two major tests that are applicable at LIT. Other eligible tests for Undergraduate English requirement in Limerick Institute of Technology are University of Cambridge test, GCE O-Level English Language. Also, there is the GCSE English Language test, Cambridge Proficiency Test, Cambridge Advanced and ARELS Oral Examinations. A student can pass any of these tests to secure their admittance into the LIT.
Research at Limerick Institute of Technology
PhD in LIT is a research-based course which takes the student to a whole new level of technical understanding of the chosen subject. These are the courses which follow a logical progression. The first step in the research programs at Limerick Institute of Technology is inculcating the literature of the concerned subject in the student. This allows you to make an in-detail perspective of your chosen subject. Further, with these studies, the students develop an astounding understanding of the study area. The next focus of PhD in Limerick Institute of Technology is allowing you to do practical work. You can then develop your own techniques, theories, basis of research and whatnot with this program. You will be allotted a supervisor. This will be the person who has ties with the industry and will help you devise solutions to those problems first hand. You will be par to diverse conferences and also be allowed to publish your papers in scientific journals.
LIT Scholarships for International Students
Scholarships provide much-needed support to some students who excel at studies. These Limerick Institute of Technology scholarships usually cover full or some percentage of the tuition fee of the beneficiary. The aim of providing the scholarships is to first allow some selected students to benefit from their amazing academic record. You can avail for a scholarship to the Research program or even a PG or UG program. The LIT scholarships for International Students converge academic excellence with a new gateway for the students. They get to be a part of such a prestigious institution and also benefit from the monetary side.