Cork Institute of Technology (CIT)Call now
Highlights of Studying in Cork Institute of Technology (CIT)
21 different courses to choose for your Masters Programme.
Free Counselling by our expert counsellors.
CGPA as low as 6.0 accepted for post graduate programmes.
Simple and hassle-free application process.
Courses start at just 9L/Annum.
TOEFL requirement is just an overall score of 80.
17,000 students in art, business, engineering, music, drama and science disciplines.
Introduction to the Cork Institute of Technology
With about 1,500 staff and around 15500 admissions, Cork Institute of Technology is among the largest and most reputed Institutes of Technology in Ireland. The scholars from all around the globe come here to pursue their UG, PG programs up to the Ph.D. level in the disciplines of Science, Business, Computing, Fine Art & Applied Art, Engineering, Media Communications, Social Studies, Music, Humanities, Maritime Studies, and Education.
Get all your doubts
clarified now for FREE
Thank you for choosing us
Our experts will get back to you at the earliest
CIT includes of 2 Departments
- Business & Humanities
- Engineering & Science
In addition to these, CIT has 3 constituting Colleges
- National Maritime College of Ireland
- CIT Cork School of Music
- CIT Crawford College of Art & Design
There are a lot of opportunities that students can access by pursuing their degree programs from CIT. No matter what are your plans and capabilities, CIT has a specific study program for you. It provides a comprehensive array of higher learning eligibilities, incorporating UG Degree, PG Degree, Honors Degrees, and Ph.D. Levels. There is a resilient “ladder” arrangement in position, which, in numerous matters, enables you to proceed from one grant to the other. Let’s have a look what makes the Cork Institute of Technology unique:
- Compelling practical/ laboratory content to schedules
- Limited class sizes
- Intimate connections to enterprises
- Great sporting & social conveniences
- Exceptional internship opportunities in both innovative start-ups & global enterprises
- Research-active, deeply dedicated, and intensely-qualified academic staff
Why Study at the Cork Institute of Technology
There are a lot of reasons in the form of facilities, conveniences, and accommodations that the Cork Institute of Technology provides to the students. If you are looking for the best things about CIT, we have discussed some of them below, which are sufficient to inspire you to get admission at CIT.
THE RIGHT COURSES
CIT programs include Engineering, Business, Humanities, Computing, Science, Music, Media, Art, and much more. CIT has an advantageous experience of equipping scholars with outstanding job opportunities and a solid foundation for ultimate career advancement.
The university provides 76 programs through the CAO. 43 of these are in the list of Level 8 Honours Degree. It is essential to remark besides that there are 30 programs in level 7 list UG programs having paths of succession to Honours Degree programs.
CIT offers an extensive assortment of after-school qualifications, such as Bachelor degrees, Masters Degree, Honors degrees, and Ph.D. programs. It has an excellently planned scale formation to empower students to succeed during the various qualification levels.
The wonderfully planned facilities & sports grounds of CIT hosted various tournaments through the entire year comprising school level competitions, GOAL Mile, International Cork City Sports, Munster Universities and Schools Cross Country Competitions. CIT offers training conveniences for several teams incorporating the Cork Ladies Footballers, Cork Minor Footballers & Hurlers, and as of now, it is training the foundation of Cork Senior Hurlers.
Cork Institute of Technology is among the most highly rated institutes in Ireland, both in terms of excellent staff-student associations and facilities because of small class masses.
Cork Institute of Technology Ranking
Cork Institute of Technology is among the most reputed and highly rated technology institutions in Ireland. It offers an unmatched level of service excellence in terms of both amenities and fantastic student-staff relationships. No matter which country you belong, the students from around the globe dreams of getting enrolled in CIT, this is just because of the superior and world-class UG, PG, and doctoral programs that CIT offers.
- For the year 2018, Cork Institute of Technology was ranked amongst the best 200 universities in the Times Higher Education European Teaching Rankings.
- The world ranking of the CIT is 2249.
- The Impact Rank of the Cork Institute of Technology is 3435
- The Excellence Rank of CIT is 2404
- The Openness Rank of Cork Institute of Technology is 1926
- The Presence Rank of CIT is 5053
Postgraduate at Cork Institute of Technology
Each year an increasing number of UG degree holders choose Cork Institute of Technology as the most preferred destination for their PG programs. As a Masters student of CIT, you can expect the staff assistance; they will supervise and guide you forward in your preferred career options. No matter, you are pursuing a taught or research program, you can suspect to operate on resolving enigmatic puzzles in cutting-edge analysis and discovery that is associated undeviatingly to smart economy of Ireland in sectors like bioinformatics, art, medical devices, optoelectronics, sustainable energy, communication & media technologies, healthcare, electronics, IT, marketing, entrepreneurship, and music.
Undoubtedly, it also supports that CIT possesses advanced laboratories, classroom programs, and infrastructure with top-notch quality amenities that empower students pursuing a master's degree at Cork Institute of Technology to explore their talents to their full extent. The truth that the researchers of CIT draw funding from industry and a broad array of European, National, and international investing programs gives the economic powerhouse that promotes these bachelors in pursuing their PG programs in their desired streams.
So, the explicit directions here are: as an ambitious and greatly-motivated bachelor, why not access the chances for a postgraduate degree by research at CIT? Studying at Cork Institute of Technology provides you an option of 4 campuses spread around a small town with pulsing cultural, music, sporting life. And when the occasion arrives to leave the institution, you will become a part of our lacks of postgraduates, with our numerous alumni approaching the peak of their fields of operation. You will unquestionably make a significant investment in your fate by preferring a Cork Institute of Technology postgraduate program.
List of Postgraduate Courses in Cork Institute of Technology
The graduates around the globe can access a widely scattered range of postgraduate programs in CIT. The PG degree programs here at CIT not only offer theoretical knowledge, but they also focus their efforts on encouraging students to master the industry-specific practical experience.
Several students of CIT have won prominent awards comprising European Student Innovator of the Year award & Babcock Mechanical Engineering award. Cork Institute of Technology offers skillful professors as well as world-class conveniences incorporating IT building, cutting edge laboratories, on-site enterprise incubation center, and well-organized library. Let’s have a look at some of the most preferred Postgraduate Courses in Cork Institute of Technology.
The list of courses in Cork Institute of technology is given below:
- MSc in Artificial Intelligence
- MEng in Civil Engineering (Environment & Energy)
- MSc in Construction Project Management
- MSc in Information Security
- MSc in Data Science & Analytics
- MEng in Embedded Systems Engineering
- MA in Human Resource Management
- MA in Global Business Practice
- MSc in International Business
- MSc in Marketing Practice
- MEng in Mechanical Engineering
- MEng in Chemical & Biopharmaceutical Engineering
- MA in Public Relations with New Media
- MEng in Structural Engineering
- MA in Art & Process
- MA in Art Therapy
- MA in Journalism with New Media
- MA in Music – Performance
- MA in Music & Technology
- MSc in Music & Technology
- Professional Master of Education in Art and Design
Postgraduate Tuition Fee in Cork Institute of Technology for International Students
- The master’s degree course fee in Cork Institute of Technology is around 12,000 Euros including 7 Euros USI.
- The students have to pay the fee twice in the two-year master's degree program.
- Candidates who want extra time to finish their education will have to pay 757 Euros for the first additional year and then after, each year has to pay 120 Euros.
- Part-time master’s programs tuition fee in CIT is half of the costs for a full-time PG program.
- Part-time students have to pay 375 Euros for two additional years and then after 120 Euros annually if they need extra time to complete their degree program.
The minimum tuition fee in Cork Institute of Technology is
- Tuition Fee for Cork Institute of Technology - €12,000
Postgraduate Entry Requirement for International Students in Cork Institute of Technology
The candidates must have 2H1 in a Level 8 Honours degree in the preferred domain in which they are planning to get admission for their postgraduate programs in CIT. Since the PG programs are carried out in English, candidates have to make it sure that they have excellent command over the English language. For this, they have to score eligible score in exams like TOEFL, IELTS, and other equivalent exams. The minimum Postgraduate IELTS requirement in CIT is 6.
The minimum entry requirement in Cork Institute of Technology is given below:
- Entry Requirement for Cork Institute of Technology (Percentage or CGPA) - 60% or 6.0 CGPA
IELTS Requirement for Cork Institute of Technology
English Language Test is mandatory for all the universities, institutes of technology and colleges in Ireland. The minimum IELTS requirement for Post Graduate programmes in CIT should be achieved for an admit.
The IELTS Requirement for Cork Institute of Technology is as follows:
- IELTS Requirement for Cork Institute of Technology - 6.0 with no section below 5.5
TOEFL Requirement for Cork Institute of Technology
For TOEFL, you need to score a total of 80 for the internet exam. The TOEFL requirements for CIT is essential for seeing whether the student has a proper understanding of American English or not and hence it is a mandatory requirement.
The TOEFL Requirement for Cork Institute of Technology is as follows:
- TOEFL Requirement for Cork Institute of Technology - 80
PTE Requirement for Cork Institute of Technology
For PTE (Pearson’s Test in English), you need to score a total of 59 marks for universities. PTE scores for Cork Institute of Technology is therefore one of the three tests that you can take to secure an admit.
The PTE Requirement for Cork Institute of Technology is as follows:
- PTE Requirement for Cork Institute of Technology - 59
Undergraduate at Cork Institute of Technology
It is essential for the students to choose a college wisely to pursue their after-school education. This is the platform that defines the future of the students, and it plays the most prominent role in sharpening their minds and shaping their talents in an appropriate path. Cork Institute of Technology is one of the best choices to carry their undergraduate degree programs. Since the year 1973, the CIT is serving clients from all across the globe with its outstanding graduate programs. Every year around 12000 students carries their undergraduate programs at Cork Institute of Technology.
Undergraduate Tuition Fee in CIT for International Students
The Student has to pay an annual bachelor's program tuition fee in Cork Institute of Technology of 3000 Euros. This is the fee for all full-time 3rd level students.
Students can apply to SUSI for a scholarship which, if accepted, may get upto100 percent of the annual fee.
The annual undergraduate tuition fee in CIT for international students is 12000 Euros for all levels of learning programs.
Various UG students tending publicly backed 3rd-level programs do not need to pay Undergraduate program tuition fees in CIT. Under the regulations of the free tuition fees ambition, the publicly-owned agencies will reimburse these changes to the institution instead. Undergraduate Entry Requirement for International Students in CIT
- For most Honors programs on the list of Level 8 CAO: Leaving Certification with 4 H7/O6 & two H5 grades comprising Maths, plus either Irish or English.
- For most programs on the list of Level 7 CAO: Leaving Certification with 5 H7/O6 grades incorporating Maths, plus either Irish or English.
- More than one Leaving Certificate results may complete least entry-level qualifications.
- The least entry-level qualifications may change for Non-Standard Candidates & FETAC holders.
- The candidates should have to prove their proficiency in the English language by showing their score in TOEFL, IELTS, and Equivalent exam.
- The minimum Undergraduate IELTS requirement in CIT is 5.5
Research at Cork Institute of Technology
Engaging in a UG or PG program by research at Cork Institute of Technology will offer you with world-class analytical abilities, backed by the expertise of operating within a vibrant setting beside global and domestic researchers. You will utilize cutting edge equipment & techniques while being managed to the extreme potential.
We understand that your career is very crucial to you, so throughout your living here as a researcher you will be equipped with a support suite, from guidance and administering to creating a personalized career expansion strategy that will be blended into your research program. In addition, you will get the chance to practice taught programs that will not just improve your research but will also turn your future bright. Our highly experienced & professional researchers usually operate intimately with enterprise, so in case, you view your future career in business, then a UG or PG degree in research from CIT is an excellent thing for you that will be contemplated.
The Domains of Thematic Research are -
- Life Sciences and Wellbeing
- Information and Communications Technology
- Exercise and Health
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Competitiveness
- Education and Learning
- Creative and Performing Arts
- Maritime Energy & Sustainable Environment: